Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Interview of an Author named "L'Afreurousaine" in the year 2022 - by Estonian journalist Urel Kaj.


This event has not yet happened in present time and space continuum. But who says we can't write about it?

Tartu, Estonia
02FEB2022

Urel Kaj:

Good Afternoon Miss “L’Afreurousaine”, we are very happy to have you here in Tartu, Estonia during the Festivities of our 2022 National Holiday “Tartu rahu” celebrating 102 years of peace on our land.
We have been loyal readers of your stories here in Estonia for the past ten years and we are so honored to finally meet you.
Tell us something, how do you pronounce your real name Miss “L’Afreurousaine”?

L’Af:

My name is Thynna Ngangura as in [Ti-Ná] [N-ga-N-gou-Ra].

Urel Kaj:

Thank you for that precision Miss “L’Afreurousaine”. We have been pronouncing it all sorts of ways here in Estonia. Please accept our sincere apologies.  

L'Af:

Oh Urel, no need to apologize. It’s an honest mistake that most people make. Besides, what can I expect with a challenging name like mine?

Urel Kaj:

I will call you Thynna then. “L’Afreurousaine” is far more challenging for us than your real name! Can you tell us the origin of that pseudonym of yours?

L’Af:

Oh sure. My pen name “L’Afreurousaine” is a pure invention generated from the combination of 3 words.  AFR – for my African colors, EURO – for my European  flavors and USA for, obviously, my American savors.
So it gives us “The Afreurousan” and in French, it resulted in “L’Afreurousaine”.
I have, so far, lived and learned on those 3 continents.
I honor them in that way. 

Urel Kaj:

Well, very authentic Thynna. We have always sensed you have this great attunement with gratitude and honor but, quite frankly, not in an overwhelming way I must say.
It makes us read your stories rather easily since you never exclude anyone. You include all.
What would you say is your style as a writer?

L’Af:

I can not pretend to have a well defined style. However, the basis of my accounts is pure imagination, pure fiction. Nothing I write is factual, even though I might get inspired by an original fact. Very quickly after the first spark of inspiration, my highly imaginative mind (self) takes over and there’s never any guarantee where she might lead me. Space and time become infinite.

Urel Kaj:

It’s interesting that you say nothing you write is factual because a decade ago you wrote this fascinating short story “Julikana Tano” that left a lot of people speechless after some of the events you portrayed in that fiction actually did happen. I remember hearing a conversation among fellow journalists where someone said they could compare you to Nostradamus.

L’Af:

Tough comparison. Nostradamus predicted what was perceived by many as catastrophes. I did no such thing.

Urel Kaj:

True. The world has changed. We went from too much chaos to a little less entropy observed on a large scale.
New authors like you challenged people to imagine the impossible and even find mathematical algorithms or statistical formulas to justify it. That was quite a twist in your story and we’re grateful for that.

L'Af:

Well, I have used all that I have learned throughout my life to manifest and materialize my imagination. From languages like English, Spanish to Geography, History, Algebra, Biology and Chemistry, everything finds a place in what I write.

Urel Kaj:

What seals it all together to make the stories you write?

L’Af:

Some Spirituality and a touch of “so what if I sound crazy!”

Urel Kaj:

And we love you for that!

L’Af:

Thank you Urel. You know, I am also very pleased to finally be here in Estonia.
My original plan was to visit Tallinn last September and come celebrate “Grandparents Day”; I hear the food is delicious here and the Festivals are quite folkloric! I will definitely return next year!

Urel Kaj:

We’ll be here waiting for you Thynna. Thank you for your time. We know you are a busy traveler and you are now on your way to Papua New Guinea. Have a safe trip!

---


End of Future Interview – Date of occurrence: 02FEB2022 ; Pre-written on 27MAR2012.


---

The above characters are not real. Well, one of them isn't.









4 comments:

  1. What a treasure to read your interview!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my God, I am so pleased to receive your comment! You are my first real audience! I am so new to this, you have no idea! Thank you! One love vagabond bettie!

      Delete
  2. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your whole blog. Keep it going my new friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DD, I'm extending my 100% gratitude to you for taking the time to read my stories. I'll keep going, you can bet on that! Thanks to wonderful people like you! One love DD.

      Delete