Thursday, March 29, 2012

Chapter 8 - Julikana Tano - The End

-8-

Later that year…
            It is Four o’clock in the afternoon. The day is bright. A woman is walking on the side of the street entering a Florida apartment building. She opens a mailbox and pulls out a stack of envelopes. A particularly colorful envelope catches her attention. Without any delay, she tears off the edge of the envelope and removes a card. She reads:

Dear Miss Tano,
Humanity cannot fail at this. All our flaws on the outside bury underneath them our true nature, copied from living macrocosms and microorganisms, to somehow always restore balance, comfort and well-being for all.
So it might take a few more years and a few more tears, but the people of the D.R. Congo will courageously regain ownership not only of their land but mostly of their inner peace, one person at a time, one wave of pure thought and pure energy connected to the source at a time.
I will silently contribute to your work.
I want you to be the first one to know I am flying to Eastern Congo tomorrow.
My retirement funds will probably serve me better over there. I hear they can grill some very tasty fresh fish by the Lake Kivu.
Also, I am a very good handyman, you know Miss Tano. I will build over there whatever can be built with my bare hands to strengthen the lives of your brothers and sisters, my new family.
And I vow to stay alive to see the change.
Your friend,
 Luke Tyler”.

She tenderly holds the card to her heart. Julikana says out loud:
“So do I, officer. So do I. I vow to stay alive to see the change.”


 

2 comments: